Monday, July 22, 2013

blog problems and a vaca.

the problem with blogging months after the fact is that you forget so much. 
or is that just me. 
pictures are great! 
they remind me of that specific moment...
but ask me when it was
who it was
or sometimes even where and i draw a blank. 
so bare with me as i try to play catch up with our lives in the last few months. 

one thing i do remember....
our road trip to 
YUMA ARIZONA!! 
(a.k.a. the road to hell) 
(note: strictly due to the desert heat...everything else was heavenly!)



first stop: pic up grandma! I was so happy to get grandma for this trip. 
she brought countless games for the car ride and loaded us up with snacks! 
(things i usually forget about...i know, mom-fail) 

Before long we were catching rays and loving (the even dry) palm trees! 
this is my sanctuary...HEAT! 




 after letting the kids stretch their legs at the St. George temple we were back on the road for day 2 of driving. 

the drive was much longer then just one picture but honestly everyone has seen sagebrush, right? so we left the scenery up to your imagination! 

and before we knew it we made it to Jack and Tyrel's house! 
bowen was so excited to see their pool he didn't even let me grab his suit before he was well dunked.






 My cute big brother felt it only necessary that he welcome me to his home town with a trip to Mexico!! i was thrilled. international travel without economy seating and pretzels...YES Please :) 


there are actually a few ways to stay cool in Yuma.....

first, the Water Park! 




next...the park. 
(but only before 9am) 


the pool, of course. 
where i could spend my life if i had to. 
(or even if i didn't) 


...then come to find out, there is a nice breeze created by go-karts! 


and bumper boats will ensure a nice cold splash...especially when these two are in control....


But when all else fails...go inside and just Dance! 
(haha...now i sound like ellen) 


We had a blast in Arizona! I miss my family down there a lot. but next time i visit might be when i am drowning in snow up here. 


1 comment:

Mariam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.