Tuesday, December 10, 2013

dear baby girl.

Christmas is coming soon. 
I should be thinking of gingerbread houses and snowmen, 
but honestly, I am so excited for your arrival that nothing else can find space in my mind. 
today i went through your little clothes and bows
(for the hundredth time)
I can picture you in the tiny little dresses 
and have already selected which shoes to put on your tiny toes. 
since i never had a sister, 
and your brothers came first, 
i still can't believe you are coming! 

(disclaimer: if you come out a little boy, I will love you all the same. You'll just have to be patient with my while i put a few bows on your head before returning everything)

Daddy and the boys are thrilled too! 
Your brothers are going to just adore you...i know it. 
emmett absolutely loves giving my belly kisses and waiting to feel your kicks! 
bowen has already claimed dibs on holding you every time you cry during the night!
mom and dad agreed to letting him have that job!!
{wink, wink}

 Dad is so excited too!
Although, having a daughter is much different then a son.
i think dad is a little worried about our bank account ; )
Dad recently found this quote: 

"Next to eternal life, 
the most precious 
gift that our Father in Heaven 
can bestow upon man is his children." 
-David O. McKay 

we framed it. 
cause how true it is. 
Dad and I both feel overwhelmingly blessed beyond measure, 
and extremely humbled that you and your brothers get to be part of our family. 
Dad says he can't wait till you are sleeping on his chest.
I feel the same way. 

i'm a little worried about this weather.
it's down right cold this year. 
bitter cold.
So, we're all looking forward to long days cuddled up by the fire with you! 
between the four of us, 
we may never put your down. 

You haven't had the hiccups yet, 
your brothers would get them all the time in my belly. 
I don't mind though. 
You do love your river dance! 
you seem to do the same routine every night from 9-11pm. 
oh how i love that time of night. 
sometimes I just watch you dance and even turn on some music for you! 
i wonder if you'll like dancing as much as i do? 
can't wait to see! 

I love you so much. 
always will. 
love, 
mom.

No comments: